4. Advertising Code Committee & Board of Appeal
The Advertising Code Committee, and if relevant, the Board of Appeal, must determine whether or not advertisements comply with the
rules of the Dutch Advertising Code.
The AC Committee and the Board of Appeal are put together in the following way:
· one member appointed by the Advertisers participating in the Stichting Reclame Code (SRC).
· one member appointed by the media (Channel) in the SRC.
· one member appointed by the communication agencies (Creatie) participating in the SRC.
· one member appointed by the consumer agencies (Consument en Maatschappij) participating in the SRC.
· one independent chairman, being a judge, a lawyer or other person with judicial experience, appointed by the SRC.
Members and chairmen are appointed and reappointed by the Advertising Code Authority (SRC). Appointment of the members representing the organizations of advertisers, communication agencies and media will take place in consultation with these organizations.